NCAPAN is going for the Component Gold Leaf Award and needs your help!!
Please add $1 contribution to the ASPAN Development Fund when you join or renew your membership!!
NCAPAN is the North Carolina Association of PeriAnesthesia Nurses, a non-profit organization. It is the state component of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN). The NCAPAN offers its members:
- NCAPAN Newsletter Carolina Breaths (Winner of the ASPAN Newsletter Competition, April 2000, 2004,2009 and 2012) Click on the link for most recent issue.
- Education at an affordable cost. Discounts to members at ASPAN/NCAPAN Conference.Scholarships.
- Representation with ASPAN , the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses. NCAPAN is represented on the ASPAN Board of Directors and numerous ASPAN Committees.
- Legislative activities through the Governmental Affairs Committee. NCAPAN keeps abreast of legislative actions related to nursing.
- Input into national Standards of Care.
- Input into ABPANC (American Board of PeriAnesthesia Nursing Certification).
- Professional development opportunities. Annual NCAPAN Conference. Grants to districts.
- Resources for practice issues.
- Interpretation of local standards.
- Affiliation with other organizations as: North Carolina Nurses Association American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- Networking opportunities.
- Assistance with certification questions related to CPAN and CAPA. Experienced, qualified resources abound statewide in our CPAN’s and CAPA’s. Contact any member of the NCAPAN Board of Directors.
Print and Complete the NCAPAN Willingness to Serve form